All personnel traveling OCONUS are required to complete a DD Form 1833 (ISOPREP). Army personnel will use the Pre – OCONUS travel File (PRO – File) fulfill this requirement. This applies to all military, Army Civilian, and contractor personnel supporting Army forces. Army forces under the Operational Control of USASOC or USSOCOM are exempt from this requirement and will follow USSOCOM guidance to meet the pre-deployment requirement.
The data entered into PRO – File surveys is transferred to the Joint Personnel Recovery Agency (JPRA). Once transferred, the data is used to populate a digital ISOPREP on SIPRnet. PRO – File is the only approved means for Army personnel to fulfill the digital ISOPREP requirement on Unclassified systems.
All personnel will complete a PRO – File survey in accordance with HQDA guidance
- A PC running Microsoft Windows ® (Gov or personal) with internet access running Internet Explorer ® 6.0 or older or Mozilla Firefox ® 126.96.36.199
- Valid AKO username and password
- Two digital photographs A computer printer (to print completion certificate)
To start with: Log into the Pro-File home-page at
- Read the Dod Notice and Consent and click “Ok”
- Complete a Pro-File study by giving information in all required fields, to incorporate photograph transfer, and finishing at least four inquiries in no less than four of the inquiry areas.
More information about the proper steps can be found here.